Technical things I've learned this weekend:
- It is possible to unbrick a Linksys BEFW11S4 v4 after a bad firmware upgrade. However, the process takes about as long to discover and execute as it takes to walk to the nearest office supply store and get a newer, better wireless router.
- I no longer want or need to have a KVM switch wired up in my home office area. Ditto for the extra network ports.
- A Mac Mini running 10.4 with static IP information is apparently incapable of recovering from a brief switch outage without manual intervention. Not very impressive.
- Flash memory continues to get ludicrously inexpensive.
- The G1 running on wi-fi seems to make an old BEFW11S4 intermittently sad. This might not be true at the latest firmware revision, but since I've since acquired and configured the aforementioned better router, I haven't bothered to test it.