- My logo cards have worked out pretty well over the last few years.
- A good leave-behind item.
- Paper matchbooks can also be written in.
- Smoking bans mean there's a lot less call for matches. Who asks for a light anymore?
- The minimum order means I will never, ever run out of matches. How long does it take to use up ten thousand matchbooks?
- The cost. Having shopped around for this a few times, custom matches are a niche business compared to general printing.
Other common items in this vein have less appeal. It's not easy to increase brand recognition.