Wikipedia your birthday and pick 4 events, 3 births, 2 deaths, and 1 holiday.
- 1703 - Tsar Peter the Great founds the city of Saint Petersburg.
- 1895 - Oscar Wilde is imprisoned for sodomy.
- 1939: DC Comics publishes its second superhero in Detective Comics #27; he is Batman, one of the most topical comic book superheroes of all time.
- 1941: The German battleship Bismarck is sunk in the North Atlantic killing almost 2,100 men.
These were tough to choose. Apparently it's an interesting day to be born.
- 1915 - Herman Wouk, American writer
- 1923 - Henry Kissinger, United States Secretary of State, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize
- 1934 - Harlan Ellison, American author
- 1941 - Gunther Lutjens, German admiral, died in sinking of the German battleship Bismarck
- 2006 - Paul Gleason, American actor (best known as the principal from The Breakfast Club)
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Día de la Madre) (it was either that or a bunch of saints' days)